With 20 Years of REAL LIFE Estate Selling Experience, the process has become a system, designed intentionally to turn your personal property into cash assets.
EstateMAX takes all the stress off of you. From start to finish we can turn your estate or home full of personal property to cash in less than 2 weeks. How do we do that!?
In review: You hire us- we have a very straight forward contract for on site and on line auctions, that offers additional services, too, like transitions services, packing, property clean out, updating and staging. We are a personalized company. You communicate what you need and we try our best to accomodate.
We set the date- to come to the home, and get started, then take dozens or hundreds of quality photos that we use to publicize your sale online the week before the sale, or before that ASAP, if you allow us the time-we will market your sale weeks in advance.
We arrive at your home, the week before the sale dates-and organize, merchandise, price and set up our props, tables, cashier station to conduct the sale on site. (Most of our clients have already moved out with the things they are keeping but in some circumstances we work with the client who can’t move out prior to our set up.)
For on line sales we come in, organize the inventory, set up, tag with a bar code for auction and photograph. These items stay in place until after the auction when we come in to meet the buyers for pickup in one day.
What’s the difference in the results.. it all depends…All jobs are unique and they all have their similarities. It’s all about the audience. An Estate sale, regardless of the sales strategy- is NOT a retail setting. Your Aunt Edna’s Grandmother’s vase with the chipped rim-from a Neanderthal cave in northern Italy-so the tale goes- is not what she said it was worth. What’s it worth? What the seller can get for it.
- An on site sale attracts hundreds of buyers in person who are responding to our professional advertising, who have shopped with EstateMAX before, or not, and also those who are “driving by” and reacting to street side advertising. They want to come in and “experience the goods in the setting” in the context of the home and see how the items are used. There is narrative associated with item in the setting that helps sell it. We can talk about Aunt Edna’s vase and it’s provenance. They can see and poke and sniff and inspect. On-site sales are 3-dimensional, social experiences in addition to being a place to buy a used lawnmower.
- Price points on on-site sales start -as it makes sense- considering all circumstances: below market value based on condition, item, demand, setting. We set the price on a price tag and discount over the course of the sale, open to negotiation based on the buyer’s volume purchases.
- In Contrast but not to their detriment, On-line auctions are 1-Dimensional. They attract an on-line viewership comfortable with buying used goods without testing, poking and touching. It’s a sterile experience. The items are shown on a stark, white background. They are appropriate for liquidating personal property in a situation where there is difficulty accessing the property, where the auction house can “cherry pick” the inventory as acceptable by the estate or owner, where clean up of the home is not needed and where there are not a thousand small items to sell.
- Because it is truly a wholesale buying experience, Price points on on-line auctions typically start at $1 to $10 dollars. The result of the auction is based on the email viewership of the auction.
- All Sales are Final for both sales strategies. No returns, Never!
- Unsold goods are again routed to online for another auction or donated, based on the item. The seller gets a consignment check or a tax receipt.
EstateMAX is a veteran in the market, 20 years in the DC Metro, we earn straight A reviews from our clients. Vetted, Licensed as an LLC in the State of MD.
We Have Every Sale Strategy For All Clients. Just Ask!